Saturday, December 18, 2010

A survey about me

 
 
 
Here is a little survey that I got from a blogger friend.. Please copy and paste with your information... I think its fun
 
 
_______________________________________________________________ 
Name: Jean(middle name for the sake of non-dislosure) 
 Age: 33(34 in a month :(

 Location: Middle East
 Background: Norwegian

 Nationality: American
 
Married/Engaged? Married
 
Do you want to get married? Lets pray this one will be forever...
 
Kids? Inshallah one day..we are trying

Have you been to Hajj or Umrah? Not yet...waiting for visa to go thru
 
When did you first start fasting? Ramadan 2009
 
What's your usual outift like when you go out? Abaya and shayla and Niqaab

What do you like about blogging? It's my online diary, a nice way to vent and get advice
 
How do you pin your hijab? On the left side
 
What's something that annoys you at Jummah: Women letting their children run wild, I prefer to stay at home

 What was the last surah you read? (not recited in salah) Sura 110

 Do you brush your teeth for fajr salah? I rinse my mouth, I didnt think we could have a "taste" in our mouth for prayer, correct me if I am wrong..

Have you ever been part of an Islamic matrimonial site? No, my husband is though

 What color is the rug in the masjid you usually attend? Red, cream...

Have you ever washed a dead body before? I worked in a Nursing Home in my early 20's so yes, I have washed a dead body before

What's the weirdest thing that happened to you in salah? Children crawling on me(masajid) and my cat coughing up a hairball on my prayer rug why I was bowing...hard to keep concentrated during that....haha

What's something haram that you think most people don't know? Too much makeup outside of the home with out covering your face, perfume out of the house and plucking your eyebrows
 
What's the craziest hijabi fashion you've seen? A woman in  black niqaab wearing an open abaya with tight clothes  and heels....did I mention she was also wearing black gloves??  I have seen her x2 in the mall so I know it wasnt a "bad hijabi" day...haha
 
Favourite flower? Daisy
 
Heels or flats? Flats. Women shouldnt make noise when they walk...And I have a bad back, heels about put me in traction...haha
 
Do you drink energy drinks? No, but maybe I should...haha
Do you drink juice? Sometimes

 
Do you get mad easy? Yes... I have no patience.. I am working on that.
Any phobias? Snakes, frogs, lizards...any amphibian really.   Snakes for sure will send me into a full blown panic attact.

Do you bite your nails? Yes

Have you ever had a near death experience? A few time driving in the car with both the ex husband and my current husband... Men!
 
Do you drink coffee? Yep
 
Where is your cell phone? In my purse
What room are you in? living room.

Where did you grow up?  Mid West USA!  :)

Your friends? None really to speak of.  Left all my friends when I moved here ....Long story

Missing someone? My family and old friends

Your mood? irritated
Most embarrassing moment? Happend before I converted to Islam and consists of sneaking a cigarette behind a dumpster, thinking I was alone turned around to see a Maintance man standing there also sneaking a smoke.....use your imagination,  Embarasment cant even begin to desribe me at that very moment......haha

4 comments:

  1. GREAT POST!! you are too funny!! I did something like this a few years ago when I started the blog... perhaps it's a good time now to re-post it!!! I'm right there with you on the whole 'snake' thing!!! I think I would definitively faint if I saw one in front of me... I've also had the honor to give a bath to a dead body... I will forever remember that, and I will never see a pair of hands the same way again!!! ..tremendous experience!! Yah Rabb!! And here's a new one from me: Pet-Peeves?? I HATE WET FLOORS!!! Yah Allah.. I've been working on that one for years... not working! lol ;b

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW.... not brushing your teeth at Fajr goes for when fasting... perfectly fine any other time of the time!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, inshaAllah I will copypaste on my blog soon. But is that your most embarrassing moment, First wife/Jean? Come on... *smile* you don't want to know mine then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing sis :)
    I grew up in the midwest too!

    ReplyDelete

Life is too short to be hateful. Just because you disagree with something, doesn't make it wrong. I welcome your comments but please refrain from being hateful. :)